You can open an app that isn’t allowed to open by manually overriding the settings in Security & Privacy preferences.
- In the Finder on your Mac, locate the eBook you want to open.
- Control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- Click Open.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it, just as you can any authorised app.
If it opens and comes up with ‘Blocked Plug-in’ please reinstall the Adobe Flash Player plugin with the following steps:
(Re-)installing the Adobe Flash Player
To install the Adobe Flash Player plug-in for the first time, or to update it to the latest version without checking for updates first, follow these steps:
- Go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
- Beneath “Step 1”, select “Mac OS X”
- Beneath “Step 2”, select “FP X Mac for Safari and Firefox – NPAPI (where X is a number)
- Click the “Download now” button to begin downloading the plug-in
- Once your download is complete, open the file that was downloaded to show its contents in the Finder, then double-click “Install Adobe Flash Player.app”
- Follow the instructions of the installer to complete the installation process
You now have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player plug-in. The next time your screensaver starts, you should no longer see the “Blocked Plug-in” error message.